Hello blog readers! I am back from England!... did you all miss me?... no?... oh...
As fab as the luxury I have been living in for he last couple of days has been, It's still nice to walk back in through your own front door and sleep in your own bed. Here are some pictures and explanations of some of the things I've been up to:
Day 2: Went for a walk around cheddar. I am the map carrier because Cath has no sense of direction at all. She commonly walks out of a shop she has just entered and gets completely disorientated as to the direction she should head next.
Ate... You can't fault a tasty scone with loads of jam and clotted cream on top. Actually when I think of all I've eaten in the last few days I feel quite ill. The city of Bath has more than enough cafes and restaurants. I recommend to everyone to go and eat at Wagamamas. Sadly there is no longer a Cadbury's Cafe in Bath but there are plenty of other sinful chocolate shops. I must go to the gym.
Saw a horse... While wandering lost around Cheddar Gorge we saw this beautiful animal. Cath got carried away and took several photos and I really like this one. Of note is the fantastic view in the background. Some places along the walking route were very steep and not for the feint hearted (or week hearted).
Bought some books...
Oh yes. Massive thanks to Cath for noticing this little treasure on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Its called the Book Barn. and It is unimaginatively a barn full of used books. Where do I go? C for Cordell, Alexander of course. I purchased six books:
Race of the Tiger, The Dream and the Destiny, If you Believe the Soldiers. And the three children's books; The White Cockade, The Witches Sabbath and The Healing Blade. Very happy was I.
Altogether a really good time away. But back to work tomorrow though. Rats...


No comments:
Post a Comment