(This calls for a blog entry)
How did I court my wife? Good grief there's and old expression. ok...
I was about to start my last year of University.
Having split up from a previous girlfriend a few months earlier I started spending time with Jonathan. Drinking Coffee and playing on the X-Box etc as boys do.
It was summer. We would go up the Gnoll on a Sunday afternoon (Me, Jonathan and Cath) and chat and have a good time. As time went on we would go to the Gym together. It was so fun spending time with her. Doing Dramas together (Ask Carol about Trevor the Tree).
But she was at the time with someone else. Someone more suitable? As I was young, and she was a mother of three. But I loved her.
2 significant days followed:
Friday
Was Gym day. After we went for a walk up the gnoll. The sun was warm and sitting in a small stone building I kissed her for the first time.
We both knew we shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. I got her to close her eyes and count to three and I kissed her.
Saturday
There was an open air service in the town centre. Cath decided to tell her boyfriend (? sounds odd) that it was over between them. I went for coffee with Jonathan and (knowing full well what was happening) waited anxiously. She walked in with a smile on her face. I smiled back. I wanted to grab her and kiss her again but as she had only just ended her last relationship sat there grinning inside. That afternoon I went to Jonathans house and Cath was there.
She secretly gave me a note. folded up small. (I still have it. Kept safe,) (maybe I'll scan it in to show another time).
I was happy.
All that week she was going around in my mind. I would secretly go around her house and we would kiss. But all the time afraid that a relationship would hurt her and the children.
I did a project in University about a random object. I chose my mobile phone. As part of that project I printed out text messages I sent and received to and from Cath. I still have them. I'll get them and post them up.
That's the start for now.
There is more. but that's for another time.
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

I do so love a romantic story. Thank you. Looking forward to the next installment:)
ReplyDeleteV, that is a very intersting question, one I am not often asked. When I was a student in Cardiff I was asked it all the time. I guess it is more of an in person answer. Maybe over a drink?
ReplyDelete