"The shape of the letters on my father's tombstone gave me the odd idea that he was a square, stout man with curly black hair." Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.
Type speaks. it cannot be argued otherwise.
*thought*
I have no idea how i can convey such immense and complex theories in a blog entry and not actually in person with tone and expression.
This is going to be really tough. a great challenge. and i guess that is what i love to do.
I am grinning now because this is what i should be able to do. I guess i have become a fat designer, used to only conveying simple messages.
I now must convey complex ideas in a simple way and this requires thought over a coffee. I will be back.
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

"Type speaks. it(sic)cannot be argued otherwise" typography 101
ReplyDeleteWell, I can't argue otherwise, cos I know nothing about typography.
How, in what way and why does type speak?
Yes, I really am interested. This is something I have never considered.
And the explanation doesn't have to be too simple, I'll let you know if I can't keep up!