“The chances of going into a store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are about 3 billion to one.”
Erma Bombeck, the voice of the American housewife in the 1960s and 1970s.
It's raining outside, the kids are away for the day and as it was Caths birthday this week she had money burning a hole in her pocket so where do we go? Swansea! I don't actually mind shopping in Swansea these days, when i worked there I found it overpowering and quite depressing but for the occasional visit I now find it fun.
Frighteningly expensive today was, now that I total up just how much I spent. (I think Cath may have somehow put a spell on me as I tend to buy her stuff when she wants something.) But i confess today I was seduced by Lush. and now i sit at home £20 lighter, but my skin is glorious. Lush to me is a lovemark. (maybe more on them another time) You see I am frighteningly brand loyal (sometimes i disgust myself). But sitting here looking at my bag of goodies I can tell you that I bathe in their products, shave, wash, wash my hair, condition my hair, style my hair, moisturise, wear their deodorants. The only thing I haven't used from them is their toothpaste (Because I'm loyal to Aquafresh - 'not just a pretty paste') Oh well, at least my skin is lovely and i smell good.
No comments:
Post a Comment