I have been pondering certain issues this afternoon. Like 'why do some people worry about performing in front of an audience?'. I'm sure there are many possible reasons.
One issue is one I had to deal with long ago: fear.
When I was young I fell in love (aaaaaww). This girl also liked me (yay!). Then her parents moved away (nooooooooo). My chance of love had gone (sob sob).
It was shortly after that that I decided not to worry about what others thought or ever if I was good enough. That I should always do what I wanted to do. Thus when my friends went to a local college, I went to one further away (on my own) etc.
Following a two week project in university all about self discovery (If you really want to know me ask me about that), I realised two main things.
1) I am much better at stuff than I ever give myself credit.
2) I have a core group of people and their view of me is all that I'm concerned about. i.e. Why should I worry about issues when I know that if it all goes wrong I have people who consistently love me, whatever the outcome.
This made me happy. And confident in who I am. Don't be afraid. Remember that people love you.

Hiya
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm intrigued. When I was in university a lecturer dabbled a bit in counselling and pychology and he launched us off on "A creative journey". What a mess, once having started it he didn't know how to finish it and left us floundering. How was your project handled?
Well I'm prety certain that it ended when my lecturer was arrested running through Cardiff smashing windows in his underpants. (but never prooved)
ReplyDeleteHe was into 'Nuero linguistic programming (NLP)' (search wikipedia for the definition). 2 weeks of trying 'new things' and pushing boundaries. everything from giving blood, being hypnotised, trying new foods, making weapons, reading songs of solomon in an empty church by candle light (?), watching bizare films that evoked serious reactions (!), (other stuff that i can't mention on my blog (will tell you when i see you next if i remember) and it was all about finding your boundaries. We had to do two new things each day and keep a diary of how we felt all week and then we all passed without question. a fantastic time and I learned sooo much about myself. at the time it was wierd but I think it was one of the best two weeks of uni.
Bizare considering i was studying graphic communication. (but saying that, my course was also heavily into sociology, history and other stuff)
Sounds better than your course was. What were you studying?
I studied biiiig cow doo doos. For three years! I'm amazed I didn't notice, but it was fun at the time.
ReplyDeleteSee you at the photo shoot?
im confused.?.. yep i'll be there, just when i'm starting to break free. I get pulled back into the questionable lifestyle of Iolo Milk. oh well, i guess there are perks.
ReplyDelete