Ok, inspired by other blogs (and motivated by the fat comment) here are 20 things i must do this year.
1) Run Cardiff half marathon (Oct)
2) Go running most mornings i.e at least every other day
3) No biscuits in work
4) Go to gym more
5) Catch a decent sized fish
6) Move house
7) Read more books.
8) Get a hobby
9) Get another hobby
10) Draw more (I used to find it really relaxing)
11) Try more home cooking (stop eating rubbish)
12) Take the ACE exam
13) Take Cath horse riding
14) Do at least one thing each week that i've never done before
15) Do something each week that isn't me
16) Do one thing that is really, really, really isn't me
16) Add someone new to my 'important friends' list
17) Be more honest with myself and tell people how I really feel
18) Grow my hair long and see if it suits me.
19) Get a new job
20) Watch the stars more while lying in my hammoc in the garden (find out the constalation names)
Lets see how I get on...
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

Good grief, way to scare a friend. Don't you know that running is terribly bad for you?! Especially a chap your height. You know what they say about great danes and St Bernards and stuff... You can't run them cos they hurt their joints.
ReplyDeleteTry swimming instead, the water takes all your weight and you build muscle and get cardio vascular goodies too.
I hate swimming though myself cos it is sooo boring and it's impossible to read while doing it
The point of note is that running is also free. Swimming could also be free but that would mean I swim in a canal. also when i swim i don't feel like i've got anywhere. I guess i just need a swimming buddy. otherwise i'd swim 5 lengths and get bored and give up. I will have to ponder the situation for a while.(i don't want to hurt myself long term)...
ReplyDeleteV is always on the look out for a swimming buddy.
ReplyDeleteI am also intruiged by the weekly "not me " thing. Elaborate please?
Do new things. Things that aren't 'you'. Never settle with who you are. Always test and push your boundaries.
ReplyDeleteThen you will understand who you really are and no-one will be able to take anything from you.
Going out soon.
I hate Sundays.
How about going swimming then, I usually do about 50 lengths. Does that stretch your boudries enough.
ReplyDeleteOh,...50?... is that It? I was looking for something a bit more challenging... ok. it's a start anyway... :) We will use the big pool yes? and no using the floats! just tell me when.
ReplyDeleteI like swimming... there's nothing like the freedom of wearing nowt but little tight speedos!... glorious!