Evening all! I have nothing in particular to talk about this evening. Just thought to myself 'I'll write something because I'm away from tomorrow for a couple of days. Well I have no work to do this evening, which is quite nice. it gives me some thinking time before I'm off to HairyFord. I will be taking my laptop because no doubt I'll be asked to 'knock something together quickly'... OK let me get that straight. Designers DON'T (most of the time anyway) KNOCK THINGS TOGETHER! There is a skill in what I do believe it or not. anyway, rant over...
The photo of 'twin me' from the times has found much acceptance in the office and at home. With my hair as long as it is at the moment it won't be long before I seriously do look like the photo...
OK. 9pm what to do now?... I don't really know... I could put together more Design Titbits, but that would class as work so am avoiding that. I know I 'll read a bit of poetry...
WHEN YOU ARE OLD
William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
WHEN you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.
There we go, fancy that,... a poetry blog entry...
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

that poem is a favourite of mine
ReplyDeletethanks