I am back in work today. Not certain I should be if i'm honest, but my workload keeps mounting up if i don't deal with it. I am very tired, and as a result feel quite down.
Went to Borders last night, the kids were with their Gran so Cath and I seized the opportunity to go out. I bought two things, Cath bought one. I purchased a new poetry book - Poem for the Day Two (And before you ask the same question Cath asked, I have read the first one in a few weeks therefore not needing to wait a year for the second one). I also bought the DVD of Karate Kid! a bargain at £3!. Cath's purchase was more interesting but that is a different blog entry I think. Anyway... here is a poem from my new book:
What it is
Erich Fried
It is nonsense
says reason
It is what it is
says love
It is misfortune
says calculation
It is nothing but pain
says fear
It is hopeless
says insight
It is what it is
says love
It is ridiculous
says pride
It is careless
says caution
It is impossible
says experience
It is what it is
says love
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

My purchase was poetry too. It's just poetry of a different kind but just as beautiful! My poetry is more active whereas yours is more passive, but both are good.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Your are a great poet!!