Today was an experience. A day out in Cardiff with Jonathon, Jobey, Jonty, Jay, Joycey, Iestyn, or whatever you know him as. Our mission to buy some stuff for his wedding in a months time, and his new house.
It is always an education getting in the car with him. Musically he is by far the most eclectic person that you are likely ever to meet I admire his ability to buy music, rarely does he choose something hideous, today we listened to Antony & The Johnsons. Here is a clip. it's quite haunting.
But also it is very relaxing, I tend to like this genre of haunting/easy listening laid back Summer evening music. I can't really describe it, If you have listened to the song then i'm sure you understand. As far as the singer goes he is bizarre looking. How on earth my brother in law found him I have no idea... anyway.. I like it.
Today I discovered how compact I can fold my body, as in his car we brought home from Ikea a double bed, a bed settee, a large pillow, and also various other 'usual' bits and pieces (You know -the usual lamp, coasters, candles etc that you always tend to purchase on any trip to ikea (whether you want them or not)) lol. I was in the front seat and couldn't keep my head up straight, my knees to my chest, the boot held shut using shoelaces. and an hour later I unfolded from his car nearly crippled. we laughed lots.
Also discovered today that if two guys lay down on a show bed in Ikea together that they get funny looks from people.
Was also amused when I was asked in the Apple Store in Cardiff if we 'were together', I assumed they meant 'being served' and just happily said a camp 'yes, we are'. Thinking back to the question I am now uncertain what they meant.
Anyway... our meal for two in the Hard Rock Cafe, no doubt looked as gay as, Jonathan besides me sipping a cocktail as we enjoyed the moments of musical history, laughing away together.
what a nice day...
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment