OK, I admit that last blog entry lacked meaning or depth so here goes something deeper.
At the age of 25 I am told that I am too young for various things (parenting etc) and often mocked for my youth. I do however know that age does not give you wisdom in life, just more experience of life. How you obtain wisdom is another thing entirely. (Someone once said, and i forget who it is, that you get wisdom from bad experience.)
There are 3 experiences I've noted down below (there are many more in reality) in which I've been told things that have changed my perception of stuff...
1) Hold your head up...
I used to worship in Church facing the floor, one day a woman came up to me and prayed with me and told me to keep my head up, face the skies... and I did and it changed my christian walk.
2) It's OK to be angry with God, He's big enough to take it...
It's true, and was a relief at the time to hear someone saying it. So often in life you can just be frustrated at circumstance. this statement freed me from that.
3) don't tell me you're 'praying for me', just tell me that s**t happens...
this was said by someone who had just lost their partner to cancer, it made the world make sense to me. Christians can be annoying on times, and this helped me understand that sometimes bad stuff just happens. I believe there isn't always a deeply spiritual answer to all things in life... I mean there is no reason at all ever ever, you should tell someone who has lost someone that 'It's in God's plan'... That makes no sense at all.
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

Definitely deep and meaningful this time, Amen!
ReplyDeleteI can agree with you on those experiences, holding your hands and head up to the skies allows the spirit to flow in a lot more, and God is definitely big enough to take any angry word that is shouted at Him.
It is true that there are no explanations for many things, they just happen, but I cant believe a person dieing young or suddenly is the Lords doing as He isn't the one causing the disease, or man made circumstance that a person dies in. However, He doesn't want His children dieing over a long time of pain so He takes them into his comforting arms quicker than we wish sometimes. This has happened to me recently when my friends 6 yr old was given 6 months to live and in 2 weeks the Lord took her away so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore, so praise Him for taking her early for her sake, Amen!