Having taken a bit of an emotional beating of late. I have decided to make small targets and goals to get myself going again.
Well tonight I made chocolate muffins. But not muffins as you think because I dont have a muffin tray :( and I had to use regular cake sized paper thingys. But they contained tasty chocolate :) ...
sadly they sunk :(
... but did taste good in a chocolate gooo way. Catherine adds squirty cream on hers! She describes them as "Moist, chocolatey, cake like" and has just realised and commented that they are also not muffins like I intended the to be.
Yay for melted chocolate, squirty cream, sugar rushes and a good reason to try again and make more!
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

Woohooo, you're back on the blog :) So glad to hear your "not-so-muffin" story because the same has happened to us. The results of your creativity sound more delicious than ours (mainly cos they involve chocolate and ours were apple)! However, we did the same thing: used the paper cases instead of a proper tray, and although they tasted quite muffin-like, they looked so flat and rubbish! Keep practising and if you find a solution, shout! :)
ReplyDeleteThis issue usually means that a) the mix hasnt been beaten well enough, or b) that the eggs,butter and flour are in wrong ratio.
ReplyDeleteAs the recipie looks good I have to conclude it is A) and as I don't have an electric whisk and thus have to resort to an old fasioned wooden spoon. Can't see an easy answer. :(
The other thing that didnt help was me trying to run before I could bake and I added a chocolate/buttery blob in the middle when 'paper cuping up'. In an attempt to get a gooey chocolate middle :) Yum. I think this damage the intended fluffy soft centers of the cakes.
Oh well, They tasted nice :D
Next time...
Oooooh yum. That sounds lush. Who cares what they look like - in the end, it's the flavour that matters! :) Unfortunately we don't have the excuse of the beating as our whisk is electric. However, I will blame Vianney because 1) he's not here to defend himself and 2) he does all the physical things involved with baking!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's all about the smaller targets - that's certainly what I'm doing right now. And hooray for cake! Would muffin tins be a really boring Christmas present...?
ReplyDelete