Ok, some readers may pass out from boredom at this blog post but it is anouncing my working blogger template that changes design based on the time of day and season:
Autumn Day
Autumn Night
Winter Day
Winter Night
It took me a while to work it out and I ended up having to learn and write a bit of javascript as I couldn't find anywhere else that I could 'borrow' a working script from.
The script does two things.
One - Works out the season i.e. spring, summer etc
Two - Works out the time of day i.e. day or night
It then puts this data into my stylesheet information in the following way:
href=http://www.starinajar.co.uk/seasons/(var season)/(var timeofday).css
Take a look at the source code of the site to disect it if you want. Part of the problem with the script was that Blogger wasn't parsing the information so I had to change some elements into their Ascii equivalent sto stop the html editor blopcking the changes. Anyway. It works!
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited. It looks great and all your hard work has certainly paid off. Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteTa very much :D
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how you do it, but I love it. It's really clever and funky. But then you're both those things aren't you so we shouldn't be surprised :P
ReplyDelete:) thank you vix
ReplyDelete