I don't know if I have any readers of this blog anymore. I doubt it. Which is fair enough considering I haven't written anything for an age.
I never knew how exposed you became with a blog until one day it all dawned on me and I guess that is why I stopped blogging. The last poem here was posted just after my wife an I lost our second baby. Earlier this year we said a prayer for our third. (It is strange - the thought of saying a prayer when you question a God who can allow such things to happen, but I do not wish to travel that road here, that is a road I must travel on my own)...
... When I opened up Blogger I just fancied posting something and to be honest I thought that I would have wanted to ramble about more things... so much has happened in the last year; cows, sockmonkey's, design etc. But I have just read through things I previously wrote and don't really fancy it. Maybe another time
But you can't always choose your path in life. sometimes you just have to keep on walking though. I originally wrote this post (the bit in italics) a couple of months ago but never made it this far and just saved it as a draft. Today I guess I am feeling little more bold, have slightly more energy, and a small smile on my face. So with a loving wife at my side and good friends close at hand, I continue.
I'm not giving up.
Dark Side of the Moo
13 years ago

Oops, I thought I'd just posted a comment but it crashed so no idea if it worked?! Sorry if this is a duplicate:
ReplyDeleteYay, I just randomly thought of checking your blog today, just in case you'd written anything...if not, i was planning on sailing right by into Life is Mootiful....
Really glad I checked now because it's great to see you blogging again after almost a year of starless-jar-quiet! And I'm very happy to hear you're not giving up because no one is ready to give up on you, Mr! You're doing great, even if you don't feel like you are.... :)
I love that your year is described as 'cows, sockmonkeys and design.' what a year! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you blogged again :)
thank you both :)
ReplyDelete